Thursday, July 13, 2017

Who's freedom

Who's freedom do you fight for? Who benefits from total freedom? Do you believe the altruism of man will shine through if given the chance? You are a fool if you do. A fool with eyes closed and ears plugged with the lies the sell you. Freedom isn't free. I won't brandish any of our propaganda on you, I see that it has no effect, but the sentiment is true. Freedom isn't free. Freedom, true freedom, costs the lives of the weak, the broken, the old, the unlucky, the migrant, the woman, the child. It costs the lives of those who don't have the arm to strike back against the dark, the teeth in the night. The path to freedom is paved with the bodies of "Patriots" but the foundation is the meek.

We offer order. We offer structure and stability. We offer a wall too the anarchy of freedom. Freedom is an illusion made by those with means to rise above the squabble for necessities. Those with the power, the money, the muscle to take what they want will do so and freedom only lubricates the machines by which they do it.

You may think me a monster, a totalitarian whose heart stopped beating long ago, but I am not. My heart bleeds for my country. My heart aches for those in need for those under the boot off freedom. We offer a way out. There is peace is routine. There is plenty in the shared state. Can you say the same for freedom? Look upon the ghettos of Ivasar. Do you see a good life there? There is no police to protect the weak from thieves that steal what little they have at night. There are no courts to prosecute the deranged that take pleasure in others suffering.

That's freedom for you. Chaos. Bloodshed. Anarchy. Will you not stand with me against the fallacy of freedom? Will you not stand against injustice?



This is a little speach I thought of while watching Noisias song Tommy's Theme. I liked this notion that maybe the police state believes they are actually doing good. I always hate where the "man" is always blatantly evil. I would like to explore the dramatic irony that maybe their violence is "right". That maybe things aren't always black and white. It's kind of the monkey paw wish thing. Sure you get what want, but at what price.

No comments:

Post a Comment