Monday, September 5, 2016

It's official

So this last weekend was kind of nuts. Lots of booze, still not drunk, lots of weird fights, and a third member has joined the party here at the house. Family shit never ceases to amaze me. We all think we have a handle on these things, these feelings we have, but this kind of shit just put in perspective how much we don't know about ourselves and about the people we care most about. It is sad but I saw it coming, and I guessed the reason too. I mean, it was obvious but just to have the truth laid bare really helps solidify some assumptions I had. Anger and regret are powerful motivators to mistreat people. So, now we have a roommate. How long will it last it last is uncertain but I feel that we are all mostly a good fit for each other. I think we can teach her what it means to be open and free and she can teach us how to be more outgoing, so hopefully it will all workout. Move in was yesterday and it went exceedingly well, barring the emotional turmoil leading up to the move of course. Now only time is left to deal with. Time to see how these new puzzle pieces will fit.

The weekend was pretty fun up until the emotional shit show though. More of the same, bars and dancing, and luckily no chasing people down. Strangely absent was good live bands, or at least there weren't any the places we went. Uber and Lyft are convenient but unnecessary for me, plus I hate having someone who clearly doesn't know the area drive me around and that last guy reeked of weed. I don't know, I prefer to drive if I'm being honest.

This coming weekend though we have a big trip planned. Going all the way to Bisbee to catch a Blue's Festival! I'm pretty dang excited. Only have been to Bisbee once, its a neat little city and I have the pics online I believe, but I'm super interested in the music that will be played there. Blues and Jazz have the reputation for very impromptu performances with lots of adlibbing. I'm really excited actually. The tickets weren't too bad, 20 each, and my mom is going to let us borrow her new truck to get down there. I'll be sure to take lots of pics. Another great memory hopefully.

OH! Got my passport book and card now. The Australia trip is getting closer and closer. The only hurdle I see is perhaps school gumming up the works for me at least. The leave day may be close to or on final's day. We will see what happens.

I could write more on the new triad of folks here at the house but I have homework and mental digestion to do. Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment