Thursday, October 27, 2016

A fuck ton of music

This year has been fucking outrageous with the number of concerts I have seen. Lets give a breakdown:

  1. Miike Snow
  2. Zella Day
  3. Matt and Kim
  4. A-Trak
  5. DJ Mustard
  6. Danny Brown
  7. Calexico
  8. Wild Belle
  9. Gaby Moreno (sort of) 
  10. Marian Hill 
  11. Verite
  12. Shaed
  13. Jarkus Singleton
  14. Betty Fox Band
  15. The Cedric Burnside Project
  16. Train Wreck
  17. Silversun Pickups
  18. Kiev
  19. A Silent Film
  20. Deerhoof
  21. Skating Polly
  22. Megaran
  23. Zeds Dead
  24. Lil Dicky (although he did split...)
  25. NBA Game (not a concert but I haven't seen one of those before so sue me)
It has been a pretty magical experience and I may have a couple more still left to go to before the year is up. Bob Moses in November would be nice plus we have the crawl in Bisbee. I'm fucking waiting for Queens of the Stone age to release a new album so they can tour. I know though that concert will sell out faster than a web page can even load (thanks stub hub) but I really want to try and snatch some up. It really makes me miss you though Andrew. Chris and I got to see a few of these bands together and it would've been awesome to have you there with us. Especially at the Dusk festival in the arcade. It would've unbalanced the teams but would have been stellar. Still can't believe you're gone man. 

I have a link to my imgur if you're interested in the highlights. Some pics and video apparently got lost? I don't know how but I don't see them. 

I think next year I want to make a focus on seeing live shows that aren't music. Events like plays, comedy clubs, demo derbies, stunt shows, burlesque (or strip club hehehe), and other shit like that. I would also like to catch some more big band and classical. 

Well. That does it for this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment