Tuesday, October 4, 2016

NaNoWriMo Coming up

Time to get this blog back to its name sake and away from folk who think me to be some kind of villain. Time to write about villains instead. So let's get to planning:

I really like that story I started with the kid who wakes up in his own grave as ghost only to learn that a clerical mishap kept him from getting where he needed to be right away. I like the notion that death is just as annoying as life and that we can never escape our problems. I want to tease the notion that death is an escape, that debts in life persist into death and the companies and agencies we owe money to in life have made a deal with collectors in death to persist the debt. This story, even when dealing with death, should be more upbeat, that there really is no end. I want that to be the main theme; persistence.

I also liked the Witcher fan fic I started. While not a straight fan fic, I would like to explore more what it would be like if the conditions so the Witcher's world (magic, monsters, prophecy, and political intrigue) were to persist into the modern time. I like the notion that there would still be monsters roving about in the digital age. The main drama would be that their population (once thought hunted to extinction) would be seeing a comeback. This would be much to ironic chagrin to the environmentalists that once fought for their rights as living beings.

There is also the Cabin in the Woods spinoff. I was thinking it would be neat to write a story that is anthology of the some of the different monsters down in the basement. After all, those horrors existed prior to the events of the movie and thus they would have their own genesis, their own stories, and their own times to shine. That one would be pretty much a straight horror and would probably be the most difficult to do as it would involve various time lines, various points of view, and having to give human characteristics to monsters. I wouldn't be able to make them all cursed beings that wandered into their own fates. No. They would all have to be unique and organic.


Whatever I choose, I need to plan it, from beginning to end. I would need to sketch out the introduction, some rising action, the climax, the falling action and the conclusion. The conclusion may just be the most important thing to plan too. We need to know what the goal is, what the target we wish to hit is before just blindly throwing things at it. I don't know which I wanna take. I am leaning towards the death story. I liked the jaunty feeling of it and the possibilities of an annoying afterlife for someone who was annoyed by the world. The problem is how did he die? How did this young man go? Will it be an accident that takes him or his own doing? Both of these would have very important implications on the story and its overall tone as suicide implies insecurity while accident would imply an unfulfilled life. Either of these has its claws in us today. Each of us struggles with the things unsaid, undone, and unseen. Maybe I make the story a comical introspection on that. Maybe I make it on the missed opportunities we all face do to whatever reason. Write what you know they always say. Anyways, I should get back to my studies a bit before lunch time.


Till we meet again dear reader I bid you ado and if you're that special someone *cough* fucking advertisers that leaving fucking cookie data all over this page that pay into google adsense that annoy the shit out of me *cough* go peddle your wares elsewhere, and if you're not them please have a sensible look around. Mind your head though. These ceilings are not lofty.



I have decided. I am going to pour some efforts into the dead comedy. I will try and piece together a plan for it before november.

No comments:

Post a Comment