Saturday, October 8, 2016

October 9th

What a fucking great concert. We have been waiting for Miike Snow for the longest time (well not too long I guess since we only just started listening to them) and they did not disappoint. Up first though was Zella Day. Man, that woman could belt a tune out. At first, I didn't expect too much considering the only song I knew was pretty pop with essences of Lana thrown in to dirty it up. Hypnotic is the name of it and while I like it, it didn't make me believe that she was going to tear it up like she did. She was so spunky, so high energy, and so good at hitting those high notes that I was pretty blown away. Her band was solid too, transitioning to each song fluidly and trying to keep pace with her energy. The drummer got some solid solos which really drove home some of the endings. I felt like there were some slight timing issues though as they attempted to keep pace but they handled them with gusto and just powered through. She was pretty attractive too. It was surprising to notice that she was wearing literally noting but lingerie (a purple slip that had to be no less than satin) and she was quite curvy for someone so petite. There were more than a few times I noticed her jiggling as she was jumping up and down. The best though was when she actually broke the tambourine she was banging on and threw it into the crowd in pieces. The girls just in front of us were lucky enough to snag one of the chunks (pitting friend against friend for possession of the former instrument). She was way more than I expected and we both really enjoyed their set.

Then on to Miike. Man, these guys are a hoot to watch. Three guys from Sweden I believe (not really gonna fact check as its late) that decided that in between all the music they normally produce, they would start their own band. Of course they opened with Pull My Trigger. It was so cool hearing a song that we have been jamming to be performed live and with such skill. Each of the band, including the kooky singer, kept transitioning to different instruments and sound boards for each song. It was a literal game of musical chairs and we were the ones not sitting. They played practically every song I came to hear; Paddling Out, Pull My Trigger, Ghengis Khan, and surprisingly Animal. Not that I don't like Animal but I really did not expect them to just kill that version of it. It was their outro song (also the encore) and they messed with the tempo, add a few more bars, and practically screamed the last chunk. It was such a great set. The singer was so bizarre but really cool. He seemingly dripped a casual aloofness as he strutted across the stage in his simple black button up and jeans. Wearing aviators and sporting some shoulder length hair gave him this indispensably cool vibe. His timber is so interesting too, almost a falsetto but not? Really bizarre.

I've been really loving all these concerts and have greatly enjoyed each show. Marian Hill is still my favorite but you really can't beat that venue. The Rialto is okay by comparison (well honestly its shit by comparison) but the shows they get are great and the prices reasonable so it makes it hard to argue.
Well, I better sign off. Happy Birthday (should you read this). Goodnight dear readers (ad sites) and pleasant dreams (I hope no one clicks your links you dirty spywares!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment