Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Every day gone is another day closer

Every day that ends puts me one day closer to Australia. I am beyond excited about going. I just found out the other day that the trip won't last as long as I expected but it will still be a significant amount of time. I also learned that the itinerary will be mostly "hangout" stuff. We have plans to visit a few touristy destinations in Sydney and Canberra before we actually get to working (if we do work). I am kind of nervous about the trip. I'm not nervous about crashing, although I did have a dream that we did and I wound up on some deserted island near New Zealand for a few months before being picked up a la Castaway. In the dream, I remained myself and uploaded a joke video to Facebook telling everyone I wasn't dead. It was a pretty dope dream.

I'm mostly just excited to be on a completely different part of the world! That is still boggling my mind, the fact that soon I will be standing in such a way that the Earth will be between my feet and my home! Almost the entire diameter of the globe if I were to drill straight down would separate me from here! Its a great opportunity. I know the girls want to go, and we discussed it, but with hours being the way the are, there is no way we could afford the extra tickets. So it will be just me and the team.

There's a naughty part of me that wants to go to this super extravagant strip club in Canberra and I know some of the guys would be down but I don't think its a possibility nor do I think I could even broach it with HR being considered. What is neat though is that we might end up seeing Rogue One before like 90% of the world! Turns out, one of the head guys in Canberra is married to the owner of a local cinema and she has offered the chance to see an opening day screening of the film. That would be freaking dope. To not only be in a new country, on a different continent, in a different hemisphere, but also to live in the "future" relative to almost everyone else I know.

Well, I better get to class. Check back around mid-December for when I leave. Who knows, maybe I won't come back! Maybe this will be my last post (unless of course deserted islands have wifi). Just kidding of course but you never know, you know?

Adios amigos y amigas. Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment